Special Events Manager Opening
We are looking for a competent Event manager to oversee and organize special events that will make an impact on our soccer community. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
An event manager is, above all, a project manager who understands operations and can manage both people and tasks. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
- Plan events (Fashion Show, Awards Gala, 5k Run) from start to finish according to requirements, and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Be in charge of hiring personnel
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead corporate fundraising activities for the event
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
- Proven experience as event manager
- Skilled in project management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong sense for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
This is seasonal, part time position, independent contractor position.
$15 an hour and bonus related to fund raising per event.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com